All About the Abyssinian
- highly intelligent
- extroverted and extremely active
- not overly talkative and has a quiet voice
- enjoys playing fetch
- loves people and needs to be included in family life
- people oriented
- a cat that thrives on interaction and play
- not a constant lap cat
- prefers to observe what you are doing and insists on being included in all family activities.
- good family pet and tends to bond with adults and older children rather than with young toddlers.
- not a vocal cat, but have a small bell like voice to communicate
- elegant, medium sized , muscular but slender bodied cat
- short silky, close lying coat
- slightly wedge-shaped head
- almond shaped eyes
- large ears
- tail is long and tapering
- regal in appearance
- their build is not as extreme as the Siamese, but not as rounded as the Burmese- somewhere in between
- an extremely beautiful and colourful cat with a distinctive agouti ticked coat
- it is this agouti ticking (flecking) that gives the Abyssinian the 'wild cat' appearance.